Re: Cellphones on air flight
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Cellphones on air flight
From: dave allen <crtech-mail@reyware.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 16:18:12 -0700
no. this is a totally unrelated accident, of a two-seat cessna 150, caused by intense stupidity - flying at night when not qualified, flying in instrument conditions when not qualified, and adding those two together is very often fatal, ie Ricky Valens, plus taking selfies, ie blinding oneself (at night) with the flashes. definitely a candidate for the darwin award for helping clean up the gene pool :-(

the other accident was a commuter airline, professional, qualified pilots, making an ILS approach to land, but with a cellphone interfering with their readings and the ground appeared where it was not supposed to be.

that's why the 10,000 foot rule. not just for cellphones but for the cockpit too -- for airlines, all un-necessary talk stops under 10,000 feet. and the speed limit changes too BTW. not that i ever had to worry about that.

dave allen