Blown Levels on Focus Promos From FTP
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Blown Levels on Focus Promos From FTP
From: Ryan Williams <ryanmw@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 16:58:04 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=TpyP7NkYyht+OLJKuYW2F00DgFtSWkZ5gguL+sispzE=; b=vVLaEBf8+NgxjNrHBRxeJ0yNCzOi82teAV+RrogOM+IuSVNoxlyM5ApHPp+AE3+yYA K4HMKDFW8+5chqXn6USrtsGO28eAlJZDoh3q8+LCPTEEiqr02EmKIwXaix65EWVI4Jw/ bT7Hb14gjpZGhriCIb2pGut9WpN8hRhsnfY+HPvD8MhAXTXtjVSCAHAd3QCUlwaNpPhh CDjS3vhxmK0LN3qse3VJvIF0IDQDxg/qW2ktyvpqIASvjrqViS0kxGu7AIb0l8Q3yAN8 lWs4uGGxHs7ZP2wG3QdUCPhm+lrYy6MpcKfKmjBD5NxCcfWEuDLP0aVyHpIhAaC/Fko9 aaHA==
Something has changed recently.

On the FocusSat FTP server, the Focus and to a lesser extent Insight promos have levels that are very hot and distorted. This is a recent development. At first I thought it was just a production issue. Then I wondered if something weird was going on when I converted them using the mp2towav utility. But they are even blown if I just open the mp2 file in an editor with native support.

If I go into the Amb-OS and transfer the files over, the levels are good and not distorted. How could that be? I generally use the FTP server on promos because it has files posted further out.

Has any one else noticed this issue?

Ryan

Follow-Ups: Re: Blown Levels on Focus Promos From FTP
(dave allen <crtech-mail@reyware.us>, 2 Mar 2017 00:59:19 -0000)