From: Brian Blair [Brian@vfcm.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 10:39 AM
To: CRTech
Subject: Re: [CRTech] Unity Low Eb/no

I wish we could get 7.4 consistently herein interior AK.  My Amb-Os receiver
usually has something around 5.8 with readings as high as 9.5 and low as
2.something.  Unfortunately, our Amb-Os and U4k receivers had to be located
at our tower site and the only one easily read remotely is the Amb-Os.  I'm
finding that though the Amb-os will show no bad blocks or continuity errors,
the U4k will still lose signal and there will be drop outs in the audio.
Also, it appears it takes the U4k much longer to re-establish lock if it
loses it.  Last Thursday we lost lock on the Amb-os and the next minute it
had good ebno again.  It took our U4k several minutes longer to recover and
it trashed more than half of the SRN newscast.

Brian