From: Brian Blair [Brian@vfcm.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 10:39 AM
To: CRTech
Subject: Re: [CRTech] Unity Low Eb/no

I wish we could get 7.4 consistently herein interior AK.  My Amb-Os receive=
usually has something around 5.8 with readings as high as 9.5 and low as
2.something.  Unfortunately, our Amb-Os and U4k receivers had to be located
at our tower site and the only one easily read remotely is the Amb-Os.  I'm
finding that though the Amb-os will show no bad blocks or continuity errors=
,
the U4k will still lose signal and there will be drop outs in the audio.
Also, it appears it takes the U4k much longer to re-establish lock if it
loses it.  Last Thursday we lost lock on the Amb-os and the next minute it
had good ebno again.  It took our U4k several minutes longer to recover and
it trashed more than half of the SRN newscast.

Brian