From: John Graham [mailto:john@wfcj.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 7:51 AM
To: CRTech
Subject: [CRTech] cleaning flooded equipment

CRTECH

This maybe a useless effort but I'm willing to try and see if it can be
saved for some use. This pass weekend a station that I contract with had a
flash flood and flooded the basement and took out the production studio with
5 feet of water. The automation computer was covered with water and mud. The
power to the studio was cut off by the water so the computer had no power to
it when the water flooded it. I have the computer at home and mud is
covering the inside.

I would like to see if I can restore the computer to some use but not for on
air usage. Does anyone have an ideas on what products can be used to clean
mud off equipment without damaging. I think the HD maybe bad. I don't know
how well they seal.
Fans maybe a problem but I won't know until I can get some power on it. The
network card and remote control card is covered in mud and I hope to wipe
them off and reuse them.

Thanks for any ideas.

John Graham
WFCJ