[no subject]
Kevin Webb

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Anderson [mailto:Erik@1067wwtl.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 4:54 PM
To: 'CRTech'
Subject: RE: [CRTech] [nontech] The Passion

A friend and I are going opening day.  Several reasons why:
- Several leaders whom I trust have endorsed.
- Send Hollywood a message about the appropriate kind of movies
(we have
not been to a movie for at least 2 years)
- After seeing it, one can use it AS AN EXCUSE to witness to others
("Have you seen the new Passion movie?)
- No matter how violet it is, I doubt Hollywood can overdramaticize
the
price that Christ paid for us.
- Excessive violence may be what it takes to make an impression in
society where violence is so prevalent.
- If France has banned the movie, and Rome has taken a negative
position
on it... It has to be good (sorry, I am not trying to offend, but rather
trying to be frank)

Now, I don't agree with many minor things (ie. the producer doesn't
exactly lead an exemplary Christian life) but truly, what would the
Lord
want us to do? I believe He wants us to support the evangelistic
effort
that this movie could produce.

As Christians, one cannot ban a movie that is faithfully attempting to
bring honor and glory to God.

PS. My wife won't go. Once I see it, I will determine if I will take my
9 year old son to see it. My 4 year old girl will not see it (yet).