[no subject]
Dish Network customer support generally stinks.  If you ever do get through
to an actual service technician, which generally takes two or three days on
the phone, you might get decent help.  They did send me a new receiver when
mine croaked, even though it was a year out of warranty, but it took me
almost a week of three to four hours on the phone every day until I reached
that point.  I actually had one of their customer service folks tell me that
they changed their policy about the phone line being connected because they
no longer had the time to poll individual receivers through the satellite to
find out who was not paying for pay-per-view movies (yes, she told me the
system was capable of responding back through the satellite!) by not having
a phone line connected.