From: Mark Croom [mailto:markc@kjly.com]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 8:45 AM
To: CRTech
Subject: Re: [CRTech] Networking

I suspect that anybody needing to do a 100 mile STL would probably use
multiple sites with shorter towers rather than a simple send-receive =
setup
at that kind of height. Here in the 48 you probably couldn't license a =
950
ICR with antennas at 600 ft anyway. The interference potential would be
horrendous. Maybe in Alaska, but I dunno about that.

I agree it seems that satellite might just be the best bet for him, but
there's more than one way to "skin the cat" on that STL/ICR approach. =
It'd
still be pricey. We estimate about $10k per site plus leasing costs when
we're doing a microwave link around here. We're talking about antennas =
on
water towers, grain elevators, etc. If we were using Mosely equipment =
the
cost estimate probably have to be higher by quite a bit.

Mark Croom
Blue Earth, MN